My BFF Mandi is my inspiration of this blog. She encouraged me to start it and is a co-conspirator in my life. She is my business partner when I dream sometimes ever so reluctantly but she is always there for me in some capacity. Together we are Ethel and Lucy, Laverne and Shirley, Stephanie and Lula.
You get the idea right?
A few years ago I very excitedly bougth myself a sewing machine. I took Home Economics in the 7 and 8th Grades but had not really sewn since. Mandi bless her heart as always was trying to help me. She set up my machine showed me how to thread it. She had me trying to sew I dont even know what if anything. She looks at me and says "Rach lift your foot. Then repeats it a couple times. I then look at her and says I am what do you want me to do with it.
She looks at me confused then looks down at my feet. There I am with my free non sewing foot raised up. She laughs and says no the sewing machine foot. For those of you who dont sew the pedal/foot of the machine that makes it go the one you step on. As she ever so patiently explains this to me we both laugh.
Mandi never makes me feel like a dummy in my ever so literal way of thinking. I am sure sometimes I am a real Amelia Bedelia because I can be so literal that I might just some day sit down and draw the blinds at 4 o'clock.
No comments:
Post a Comment