Thursday, October 13, 2011

Adventures in the Drive Thru

I am going to try and do a weekly entry about my adventure at the Fast Food Drive Thrus.  I have embarassing, comical things happen to me.  I dont know how many people can say the same.  HA!

So here is entry 2 I will count bad customer service as the first.

In June was my niece Cookie's first dance recital or Big Show they call it.  Anyway with that stated we my whole family minus one pile into the family mini van.  We are a family that when we are hungry, we are Grouchy.  We also have extremely picky eaters so finding even a fast food place we can agree on can be trying.  With out further to do here is entry #2.

We are driving down south Denver to go to the Big Show and grab some grub first.  We finally settled for a KFC and A&W.  Of course Tyler my nephew will not eat it so he hops out of the car and walks to McDonald's across the parking lot.  Have you ever tried to order at a Drive Thru for 6 picky people.  I order Cookies meal first  complete with a Root Beer,  Continue through the car and then get to Nephew Collin and he asked "Do they have Root Beer?"  This was followed by the quick response of his Sister Ariel no they only have Mountain Dew.  I in all the confusion and my literal attitude towards things holler into the microphone.  "Do you have Root Beer?"  This is followed by awkward silence of the man trying to take the order in between grumpy yelling in the car and now uncontrollable laughing.  He finally answers "yes we do."  I finish the order we go to the window and pay.

Ok so there is couple of funny things here first off I had already ordered one root beer and secondly we were at  A&W.  Thirdly in all the confusion I forgot to order my own food.  This happens often and I cannot figure out why but I think I am going to start ordering my food first.  HA!!

So we then head over to McDonald's to pick up Ty and order some food for me.  We see Tyler drive in the opposite direction.  Of course it is one way but he does not realize this and thinks we forgot him. That only happened once but he does not let us forget.  I buy everyone's food and the grouchiness is ended as quickly as it began

No comments:

Post a Comment