Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bad Customer Service....Bad

Maybe I have worked in Customer Service too long that I expect more.  I recognize that a lot of bad service goes back to training and experience. With that said here is a humorous recount of a recent experience at the drive thru of a MacDonald's.

My BFF and I were out for one of our late night cruises.  It is our time to relax and catch up away from our daily stresses and families.  We decide we want a midnight snack.  Not a lot is open so we pull in to a brand new Beautiful  MacDonald's.  Here is what happened.

XYZ: Thanks you picking MCd's this XYZ can I help ya:

Me:  Yes I would like...

XYZ: Wait our system is not working we cannot take no plastic you got cash.

( kind of chuckle at the bad grammar and rudeness)
Me: Uh ya I have cash and place order.
(keep in mind our orders are special my BFF never gets Ice in her Sweet tea, my burger is always plain we can be difficult.)
XYZ: I like have your total at the first window.

XYZ: It is 4.89

Me: I hand him a 5.

XYZ: Hold on a sec we think system is coming up.

Me:  OK it has been 3 minutes and there is a line behind us can I have my 11 cents?

XYZ: looks at his manager they want there money. (runs to front of store)

(Drive up to next window employee is feverishly scrubbing something)

Me:  Excuse me....hello Can you help me? (kid is continues scrubbing and ignores me)

Me: Hello (manager is standing in the back ground laughing...Is he deaf?)

XYZ: We don't have no Sweet Tea...you want something else?

BFF:  We want our money, we have been ignored, the manager is laughing we want our money.

XYZ:  They want their money? (manager in the background What did they get?)

BFF:  It does not matter what we got we want our money we have been in this drive thru 15 minutes.  You don't have Sweet Tea and this whole thing is bad.  Bad Customer Service... Bad!!!

XYZ:  I don't think it is funny mam. 

BFF:  This is not your fault but what just happened here is Bad Customer Service it is not OK.  Just Bad.

I drive off barely able to contain myself it was hilarious.  The kid's bad grammar, the manager's behavior,  the look as my BFF gave him a lecture on Customer Service.  My favorite was when she reiterated the Bad on the end not once but twice.  Almost like she was scolding a puppy.

She sure told them.

No comments:

Post a Comment